Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Utilizing My Antique Purchases

Today has been a busy day so far, but I thought I would take a short break so I could get a posting in. I bought these rolls of antique sheet music quite awhile ago from Beth at one of the Old Summit Antique shows ~ I loved the way she had displayed them by rolling them up and tying them with a simple cotton string. I kept thinking I wanted to take a photo, so I left them as I bought them and put them in another of my McCoy vases ~ they are so useful for way more than flowers!

The time has come though ~ I'm excited to see what I will find when I open these up! I think these will be nice to scan in and use in my artwork in one way or another. I'm sure not only will the graphic treatments be interesting to look at, but even a page of music can be a nice item to collage with ~ digitally (of course!), as I can't stand to cut up my papers unless I have duplicates or the book is in such lousy shape there is nothing to be done for it but make it into something else.

Break time is over ~ time to get back to work! My evening will consist of scanning and designing as I am working hard to complete my artwork for Surtex, which is coming up fast!

No comments: