Monday, March 5, 2012

In Like a Lamb

The usual saying for March is "in like a lion, out like a lamb", but this year March arrived in like a lamb (albeit a windy one!), so I suppose will go out like a lion. So, since it has been awhile since I have posted any sort of antique or vintage find, I thought I better see about rectifying that issue! Didn't take long for me to locate something to share ~ even happier to find something that I could actually connect to the March saying ~ thus, the lovely little hosiery mending kit I picked up a few years ago, complete with an illustration of a stylish woman walking her scottie dog on a windy day.

{front and back views}

Initially I thought it was a match book, but upon closer inspection, found it to be a cute little mending kit for silk stockings - I'm guessing from the 30's?

This is one of those items I cannot remember when or where I purchased it, but at some point I discovered it fit perfectly in the little syroco (or Ornawood) wood scottie card or matchbook holder I had bought at a different time. A perfect match!



No comments: