Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tic • Toc • Tic • Toc

Now that I have changed from a corporate work day to a freelance work day, my life now revolves around my kitchen timer ~ I cheated a bit and took photos of this cool vintage timer (not reliable) I have rather than the digital one I actually use. The 12 is the number of hours I WISH I could manage to spend working on my designs, but that is just a fantasy!

If I spend too much time at the computer, things get a bit out of focus, so I have to be disciplined and pace myself! I tend to lose track of time when I am working or doing pretty much anything, so not only does the timer force me to take a break and stretch my back & legs every hour, it gives me a wake up call as far as how much I am getting done as well. Tic, toc, tic, toc, better get back to work!

This is more of the reality ~ taking it one hour at a time! I am working hard on coming up with a comfortable and efficient schedule for myself to follow ~ not something I would have thought would be difficult, but it is. I guess after working for someone else for so many years, it is an odd, but nice feeling to be able to schedule your day any way you please!

No comments: