Thursday, January 21, 2010

Treasures for a Tailor

While at the antique show this past weekend I snapped a few photos of some sewing items I admired. Although that forlorn dressform was calling my name, I held back and settled for just a photo instead. I loved the thread display as well, but I didn't want to spend $169. The pincushion was beckoning as well, but I think I may just start collecting hatpins and mourning pins and make one of my own. How about that sewing ham?! Has anyone ever seen anything like that before ~ or know what it is used for?

{Dick was drooling over this as he loves bacon}

{beautiful old laces and notions at Beth's booth}

2 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

I didn't see even see the thread display- but I love it, too. $165 is a little steep for my budget, I think I'll just stick with collecting the Corticelli wooden spools.

Stacey said...

I've got to catch up on my blog reading! I see you've revved up on your writing:) Love the images and can't wait to read your new posts...