Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Emerging from the Fog ~ and Snow

{Sprocket}

The boys have not been bothered by my foggy malaise ~ nothing seems to keep them from patrolling the backyard ~ not fog or 15 inches of snow! Awaking bright and early, the only thing that got me moving was the antique show at John Knox Village this weekend.

{Speck}

I didn't realize that I took so many photos until I started going through them ~ I will have to do a second installment tomorrow! Here are a couple of shots to give you an idea of what the show was like ~ lots of variety ~ something for everyone! We ended up spending a good portion of our day at the show since we ran into friends and did a fair amount of chatting ~ then, the searching for treasures ~ and finally taking some photos ~ it was a good day!

{victorian numbered glass tube collection of various things from nature}

{brown transferware ~ always a favorite}

{nice collection of glass doorknobs}

{beautiful globe with iron base}

{vintage film and canisters made for a unique display}

Since I started with dogs, I thought I would end with them as well...some nice dog collectibles...

{nice pair of syrocco wood scottie bookends}

{this pair reminded me of my guys ~ only just a little bit more demented!}

4 comments:

M.Lane said...

Great post! That Sprocket is so cute!

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Simon Stargazer III said...

I used to have black and white Scottie magnets... haven't thought about that in years.

Thanks!

Beth Leintz said...

Speck and Sprocket look so cute in the snow. It was great to see you on Saturday- glad you're back to blogging!

Unknown said...

Your Scotties are adorable! How lovely to see a white one too :)