Saturday, March 17, 2012

National Button Week ~ Day 7

I know, I should have at least done a green themed button post today, but I hadn't thought of it and since I HAD to go to this antique show today, I didn't have time to take additional photos. A few shows ago, I did buy something specifically to post for St. Patrick's Day, but I am going to just do it a couple days late ~ don't most people celebrate most of the week anyway? I had to make a choice, so this year the buttons won out!

The other thing I can't figure out is why National Button Week is 8 days rather than 7? I am going along with that as well, so I will post my finale tomorrow.

Today, I thought I would share a few of my smaller metal buttons ~ some of these are called steel cut ~ some are made to look like steel cut. I think steel cut buttons can look a little like marcasite, but from what I can tell each little piece of metal is riveted on individually ~ I will have to do a posting down the road with a photo of the back so you can see the craftsmanship. I don't think steel cut buttons are made anymore ~ if they were, they would probably cost a fortune.

It amazes me that there are so many different kinds of buttons out there ~ not only made from many different materials, but within those types, so many different variations. I just love the beautiful details and designs on all of these buttons, don't you?

No comments: