Monday, September 19, 2011

Old Summit Antique Show ~ Fall 2011 ~ Part 1

{bottle cap folk art}

Last Saturday I attended the fall Old Summit Antique show ~ as it has been a rather busy week, I haven't been able to post until now. I spent practically the entire day at the show, admiring the antiques, catching up with friends and purchasing a few treasures ~ it's no wonder that I have little time left on the weekends to clean my house and find a place other than the dining room table for my newly purchased treasures! As I took quite a few photos, I decided to post in a couple of installments ~ Part 1 is devoted to folk art.

{memory bottles}

These memory bottles were quite charming ~ kind of a 3D scrapbook if you will.

{tramp art pieces}

{folk art box made from repurposed magazine pages}

{hand made knife caddy}

{Hair work}

Unfortunately, not the best photo, but here is an example of hair work probably made in the early 1900's. The hair work is most likely from the early 1900's, the framing seemed to be done at a more recent time as the back of the frame was covered in wood grain contact paper. Also, the decoration on front appears to be a relatively new cotton roping detailed with masking tape and a pearl head pin.

Tune in tomorrow for Part 2!

1 comment:

Beatrice said...

I love the "hair work" very much. I'd never seen such a composition before; I'm interested if you have more information about this folk art! Thank you!