Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beauty & the Book

{image from Rapunzel's Delight}

In the last couple of weeks I have started to develop an obsession with Victorian hairwork ~ the flower wreaths, the jewelry and even simple tokens kept in cards or scrapbooks. This all began because I finally made the trip to Leila's Hair Museum ~ something I have had on my "to do" list for 20 years! My visit to the museum piqued my interest further, so I have spent a good deal of time hunting around the internet for more information, only to find out that there is not much to be found.

During my search I did find this wonderful advertising card for Lyon's Kathairon ~ a hair treatment of some sort. The card itself reminded me of a book I loved when I was a child ~ Dandelion, by Don Freeman. While I do remember loving this book, I only have a vague recollection of the details. I know it had to do with a lion who got a fancy haircut and new clothes to impress his friends at a party only to be turned away because no one recognizes him. So, what is the moral of this story? (You know there must be one!). You'll have to pick up a copy to see what happens!

{Dandelion: Before}

{Dandelion: Getting dandified!}

{Dandelion: After}


No comments: