Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Spy. . .

While leafing through my newly arrived Pottery Barn catalog, I came upon the image above and noticed the wire laundry basket in the corner! I have had my eye out for these for a year or two and they aren't that easy to come by ~ now that I see this new one for sale for $129, I am thinking that the $55 - $75 price I usually see is quite the bargain! Here (scroll down a little) is one of the vintage baskets I got a year ago ~ you can see what it looks like collapsed ~ it really is a nicely designed item!

{all images from Pottery Barn}

3 comments:

Kay said...

I have a commercial laundry hamper that I found at a yard sale for $10.00. You're right, they are hard to find, so I consider myself very lucky! I enjoy your blog.

Miles Of Style said...

i've been looking for a similar kind of laundry basket for some time now...

just stumbled upon your blog and i have to say its LOVELY! do drop by mine too when you have some time. perhaps we can follow each other.=)

have a lovely day!

Persis
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

Lynne Rutter said...

i used a similar style hamper - much larger than this but very close in look and function - in my "vintage laundry" in the sf decorator showcase a few years ago. i borrowed it from and antique store and it quickly sold ($250). how brilliant to learn there are new ones available, thanks so much for you post!