Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween '09 with the Colonel

When it comes to Halloween, I either go all out or do next to nothing ~ usually that has to do with whether or not I've come up with a good costume idea or not. This year, I was inspired by my own surroundings......

{my boyfriend, Dick}


{Sprocket, our dog that crows like a rooster}

Dick and I worked all day Saturday making costumes and carving pumpkins ~ all for 5 seconds worth of photos ~ Speck and Sprocket were not as calm as I had fantasized ~ they were too interested in all the activity going on in the neighborhood and in getting out of their costumes! I had visions of all of us sitting in the front yard together giving out candy to the trick or treaters. Instead, it was just Dick and me in our costumes with a bucket of candy ~ the barking dogs being locked up inside. We had considered giving out fried chicken instead of candy, but decided against it. As you can see, I disregarded my own advice for a costume this year ~ we had a good time anyway ~ saw some great costumes and enjoyed the neighborhood kids. Hope you had a great Halloween too!

11 comments:

Gina Martin said...

awesome, julie! love the dogs costumes! nothing like last minute concepting to bring out the cleverness in you!

Curious Sofa said...

You guys are a hoot and I love your kids. Hilarious and brilliant. Make mine extra crispy please.

Robin said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, My husband Kirk sent me this link because we have Westies that like to sing. Funny that when I scrolled down, it was YOU!

Love the dog costumes and your blog.
Denise Chevalier

oddfolies said...

Cute as can be! ALL 4 of you!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Fantastic costumes - we are so glad to see some more Scotties about.

Anonymous said...

To funny -- you did a great job. Your pup as chicks are priceless.

Anonymous said...

Simply adorable, you are so clever!
I am a huge fan of your Julie!
~Joy

Lauri ~ Vintage Arts Studio said...

I had my great dane, Cooper, listen to your dog do his rooster impression...it was so funny...he tilted his head sideways trying to figure it out! Darling puppy dogs in their costumes!

Maria said...

Ohmigawd Julie. Wattles AND combs? Ha ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I have a wheaten, Sandy, who looks exactly like yours. She also likes to sing, howl, etc.