Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dear Speck

Speck (11/6/2001 ~ 6/24/2014)

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything - much has been going on both happy and sad. One event that has left a large hole in my life is the loss of my dear friend, Speck. It's been two months and we are still missing him. Here are a few words I wrote in his memory.

Speck AKA Mr. Speck, Spectacular, Señor Suavẽ and/or Speckita lost his battle with cancer last night ~ we are numb. Rescued from a house that contained a clap-on/clap-off fountain, at 9 weeks old Speck joined our household and became ruler of the roost ~ our dog Sparky who was 7 at the time was happy to be relieved of the top dog responsibilities. Speck was the quintessential Scottish Terrier ~ independent, feisty, faithful, vigilant and full of personality. I give him credit for helping me choose my boyfriend, Dick, keeping our yard vermin free, providing us with a zillion happy memories, and for being my loyal companion & muse through good and bad times for all of his 12 1/2 years. RIP my handsome boy, Speck ~ gone, but never forgotten.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I enjoyed finding your blog while looking for vintage buttons. :-) Your Speck looks like he was so well loved. We have a Scottish terrier puppy now (8 months old), and he has those personality traits you described - feisty, loyal, independent - full of Scottitude! :-)