Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day at Walnut

As the AmVets Antique Show in Walnut, Iowa is scheduled every year on Father's Day and I don't live close enough to my dad to visit for the day, I can't help but think of him as I peruse the different shops and vendor's booths at the show ~ especially as antique shopping is something we both enjoy. So, I thought, in honor of my dad I would do a post of things I saw that reminded me of him in some way or another. Below is a photo of my dad as a young boy ~ probably around 8 years old.......

{Dick Reed ~ age 8}

I'm sure by age 8 he was on to more exciting books than this one...... even if it was giant size.

Probably something more like this......

Or some great tool like this....

As my dad grew up he developed a passion for cars ~ too bad I wasn't able to find a Packard, Dodge or Buick logo ~ this will have to do.

My dad has always had a sweet tooth and I do remember going out for root beer floats every now and then ~ or even making them at home.

My dad has always been good at puzzles and games ~ he could always figure out things we couldn't.

Below two signs with great graphics ~ neither of which have much to do with my dad other than containing a part of his name!

{My dad today ~ Happy Father's Day, Dad!}

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Love the photos! What a nice post to your dad.

Simply Iowa said...

I truly enjoyed our visit...
Love your post about your Dad. You are sooo blessed to have him...
I lost my Dad 22 years ago, he was my best friend, and thought I hung the moon. I think about him everyday...
Hope you had a great time at Walnut, I sure did!
'til next time,
Barb C.

Steve Haskamp said...

Such a wonderful tribute to your dad!

M.Lane said...

A great post! He was a handsome boy and a handsome man!! I love the things you always manage to find.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Gina Martin said...

great post julie. your dad is very handsome & i see some of you in him!