Friday, October 3, 2008

Sneak Peek ~ Crocheted Rug

Much of my stress is self imposed ~ I tend to take on way too much! I just finished up a project for Crochet Today magazine ~ the rug below. Their editor had seen the rug I did for a DIY contest on designsponge ~ you can see it here.

In this case, Crochet Today selected and supplied me with the yarn ~ I worked out several options and the one below was chosen to complete. I am pleased with the end result even though it took me much longer than I anticipated ~ the crochet part wasn't that time consuming ~ it was sewing it together and stitching in the ends! I wish I would have had time to get some better photos ~ but these were all I managed before I had to ship it off ~ hopefully the magazine will do a better job! The rug along with the pattern will be featured in the January/February 09 issue ~ a good project for the winter months!

{the finished project}

{Sprocket wasted no time testing it out}

1 comment:

Sincerely Yours, said...

Hi. I love the rug. We also just got a westie too. Soo can cute.

Any chance you can post the pattern to this rug? I would love to make one.

Thanks!