Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kismet or Coincidence?!

Whether it be kismet, coincidence or just a case of great minds with the same last name think alike, I was pleasantly surprised to come upon these here. As you can see, the mark I have used in my blog title is similar ~ I am using the one below for my artwork blog which is not up and running yet.

Clip art has been around for a long time ~ these are marks used by a woman photographer in the late 1800's ~ printed on the backside of the CDV's and cabinet cards she made and sold. Mrs. W. A. Reed (Candace McCormick Reed 1818-1900) opened her own photography studio after her husband died ~ she was also a philanthropist who helped many Civil War soldiers. You can read more about women and photography at
kodak girl ~ lots of great visuals and information.

{all images via kodak girl}

No comments: