Sunday, July 6, 2008

Collage ~ Angelica Paez

Artwork is another thing I find inspirational ~ especially collage. Since I am so drawn to old engravings and illustrations, it isn't surprising that I love the work of Angelica Paez. I've shown a few samples of her work below, but she has much more at her blog called scrapatorium ~ make sure to check it out! Not only is there a large body of Angelica's work, there are many collages from artists all over the world. If you like collage, scrapatorium is a great place to visit.

{wonderful masked women}

{great use of scientific illustration}

{love the birds}{interesting combination}

All above collages by Angelica Paez

I really like the little Society for Cutting Up Paper graphic as well, but was not able to find any further information on it. If anyone knows more or has a link, please let me know.

2 comments:

Shawna Stobaugh said...

Thanks for the link, I'm checking it out for sure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks so much for posting about my work. I really appreciate it. I have you marked as a fave on Flickr, but found your blog via my site tracker. I just skimmed your blog, but what I have seen so far, I love. I plan to go through your archives and add your blog to my Google reader. We seem to enjoy the same types of things!

As for SCUP (Society for Cutting Up Paper), it's a small private collage group that I started for members of Scrapiteria, my collage collaboration site. Sort of tongue in cheek, based on Valerie Solanas SCUM Manifesto.